Saturday, December 18, 2010
Friday, December 17, 2010
Anyways, I thought this Santa looked great and there was NO LINE! (A major plus when you've got a squirmy kid in tow.) Chad and I decided to take advantage of the situation and everything turned out great.
We literally waited in line behind 2 other kids.
Just enough time to snap this perfect photo! Everyone has sincere smiles...does it get any better than that?! (It helped that Dada was tickling the little man.)
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
....and, of course, this was our first Thanksgiving with our little man, Griffin! Talk about being thankful!! We love him so much and are really enjoying all of these "first" holidays with him.
- Family - I think our little family of three is just perfect, but then you add in add in all of our parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles, etc....we're so blessed!
- Health - we're all alive and kickin' and I couldn't ask for anything more!
- Chad - I am so thankful that I'm married to a great man, who has become such a great dad. Also, words cannot express how thankful I am that Chad works his butt off so I can be at home with Griffin during this special time of life when he seems to be changing daily.
- Griffin - I'm sure every parent feels the same about their child, but I sincerely feel like Chad and I have the perfect son. He makes our lives feel so fulfilled and we love him dearly.
Thank you Lord for all you have given me and my family!
"In everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 5:18
Monday, December 13, 2010
Just kidding. But, he did go on vacation to spend 5 days with his grandparents in Hilton Head! (Technically, Bluffton, but HH sounds more exciting.) I know grandparents covet that "alone time" with their grandchildren, so Chad and I wanted to give Gram and Grandpa some special time with Griffin without us (mainly me) looking over their shoulder thinking (not saying), "Oh, that's not how I do it..." Also, G's cousin Blake was due to arrive very soon, so we wanted to make the most of G's time as the ONLY GRANDCHILD!
So, to make the hand-off, my mom rode with G and I in the car to Macon. There, we met the Herrings and had a nice lunch a Cracker Barrel before we went in our separate directions. (Yes, I teared up a little bit leaving my boy, but I knew he was going to have the BEST time, so I wasn't too terribly sad.)
As soon as they arrived at Gram and Grandpa's house, G started exploring! They've got lots of fun toys there and lots of windows to look out of (and leave finger prints on)...one of G's favorite things to do!
...and before bedtime, G got to go on a golf cart ride to watch some night golf going on in the neighborhood!
Thursday, December 9, 2010
I'm setting a goal for myself to get these exciting events down in writing...
- Griffin spent 5 days with Gram and Grandpa!
- G's first Thanksgiving
- Our visit with Santa
- BABY BLAKE!!
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
- Height: 29 inches (75%)
- Weight: 18 lbs. 14 oz. (25%)
- Head Circumference: 45.5 cm.
We were a little worried about his weight gain, or lack there of, but Dr. B said she wasn't worried at all. She said she could tell that he was a very active child and that was probably the reason he wasn't gaining much weight....he burns a lot of calories through out the day!
Here are a few pictures of our skinny-minny from the last few weeks...
- Talking up a storm!....we just don't know what he's saying. The noises that ARE audible though are priceless...he's saying "da-da-da" and "ma-ma-ma"...we're not sure that he knows what he's saying, but I think he's definitely close to realizing that those names are associated with us. So neat!
- Learning to wave...at least I'm going to call it a wave. Sometimes he even gets the timing right and does it when someone says hi or bye to him. It's a funny, spastic, arm up and down kind of wave.
- He's intrigued by other kids...he loves to look at them and "talk" to them.
- As I mentioned above, he's still as active as ever...if he's awake, he's on the move!
- This is kind of weird, but he loves to pick the rocks out of the fireplace. It's bad because his tiny little fingers love to pick away at it and little rocks fall out....then he tries to EAT THEM! Needless to say, it keeps Chad and I very busy trying to keep him from doing it.
- I've said this before, but he loves the outdoors. Only now he's not as content to just BE outside...now he wants to get down and explore everything...which would be great if he wouldn't try to eat everything. haha!
Okay, that's our boy in an itty-bitty nutshell. All 9 months of him! We love you Griff!
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
We started the day with by going to our neighborhood's fall festival with our friends Daniel and Jennifer. Griffin was a giraffe and Leah was a pumpkin. They were so cute!