When he's got a big tray full he usually just puts down a wet, slobbery hand and picks up about 10 at a time to shove in his mouth (and usually ends up choking and scaring me to death). However, when he gets down to the last few, you can see him really concentrate to get them in his hand and into his mouth. It's so cute (and he's really good at it)!
I use to think that Cheerios were a "clean," non-messy snack...........not true.
- As of 6 months old, you started experimenting with crawling and within the span of a week, you had MASTERED the art of crawling and pulling up. You are on the move and definitely keep mom and dad on our toes! We can't wait to see what happens this month! You seem to learn something new every week.
- You are a good eater and love sweet potatoes and apple sauce (..........and Cheerios, duh).
- You are starting to grow some hair - it sticks straight up - but it looks good! You love to feel your hair (actually, it looks like you're pulling your hair) when you're tired and do it all the time when you are eating your bottle or about to go to sleep. It's really sweet.
- You like to pick things up and drop them, just so you can bend down and pick it up again.
- You are ALWAYS on the move. If you're awake, you're moving. I'm hoping that one of these days you'll learn to just sit and relax for a few minutes (and cuddle with mom while you're at it).
- Oh! I almost forgot....YOU'VE GOT A TOOTH!! Your 1st tooth started poking through right before you turned 7 months. It's still just a little thing (hasn't fully come through yet), but it looks like you're about to get another one as well. Teething has not been very fun for you (or us)....you usually wake up crying at night, which is rare for you because you are such a good sleeper!
- You love beign outside. If you're upset, it instantly calms you. You are really starting to notice all the different sites and sounds out there....and you love to watch cars drive by.
- Your personality is just AWESOME. You're a funny and sweet little boy and everyone just loves you. You are a total flirt when we're out in public (mostly with the elderly women) and you always make strangers smile.
- No words yet, but you're definitely talking to us. Lots of sounds, giggles, grunts, etc...
- You LOVE the owl painting in your room. It makes you smile when you're crying.
- You're such a big boy that you don't have to sit in your car seat while you shop anymore! You sit in the cart just like all the other big kids!
- You're growing like a weed and growing out of your clothes like crazy. Good thing the seasons are about to change so you can move into your new wardrobe (I'm really good at buying clothes for you - I'm sure you'll appreciate that as a teenager).
That's all I can think of for now - I'm sure I'm forgetting things, but there is just so much going on around here that it'd be impossible to write it all down. So fun!
Here are some pictures of our big boy from this week:
This "no spill" cup has got nothin' on Griffin....he can find a way to make a mess!