Wednesday, December 15, 2010

An Extra Special Thanksgiving!

Though it's a close race with Christmas, I think Thanksgiving is my favorite Holiday. No pressure to pick out the perfect gift, just time with family to eat and reflect on the many blessings God has given me. This year the family gathered at my parent's house for some yummy food and fellowship...always a good time!

....and, of course, this was our first Thanksgiving with our little man, Griffin! Talk about being thankful!! We love him so much and are really enjoying all of these "first" holidays with him.





This picture isn't from Thanksgiving day, but I think it's so sweet...and I am very thankful that G is a good sleeper (most of the time).

The Saturday after Thanksgiving, we headed up to Rock Spring, GA to see Chad's family. (This is a photo of G sleeping in the car on the way up there...I tell you, there is nothing sweeter than a sleeping baby.)
There was a big group of "Herrings" up there, all anticipating the birth of baby Blake and secretly hoping (or not so secretly) that Natalie would go into labor ahead of schedule! We got to visit with cousins that we hadn't seen in a long time (and some I had never even met before). I know Chad really enjoyed catching up with them!
Though I'll only be hitting the tip of the iceberg, here a few things I am especially thankful for this year:
  • Family - I think our little family of three is just perfect, but then you add in add in all of our parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles, etc....we're so blessed!
  • Health - we're all alive and kickin' and I couldn't ask for anything more!
  • Chad - I am so thankful that I'm married to a great man, who has become such a great dad. Also, words cannot express how thankful I am that Chad works his butt off so I can be at home with Griffin during this special time of life when he seems to be changing daily.
  • Griffin - I'm sure every parent feels the same about their child, but I sincerely feel like Chad and I have the perfect son. He makes our lives feel so fulfilled and we love him dearly.

Thank you Lord for all you have given me and my family!

"In everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 5:18








No comments:

Post a Comment