Monday, August 9, 2010

Change is in the Air

It's certainly time to start making some changes around here. With Griffin basically crawling (okay, so he doesn't quite have the hands, knees, hands, knees thing down yet, but he's a heck of a scooter), and getting stronger every day, he's constantly teaching me what we are going to have to pay attention to in the days, weeks, months to come.

A few days ago I came across him in his pack 'n play like this....

Reaching up over the sides to try and get the window blinds! I thought to myself that it would soon be time to lower the floor of the pack 'n play.



...................and then TODAY, I find him like THIS......

Pretty much STANDING up in there, checking out what's going on in the rest of the living room! Hey, does this count as his first "pulling up" experience?!

Such a little rascal. Needless to say, I immediately lowered the floor. All is safe for now. I'm sure the crib mattress will be soon. (I can already feel my aching back...leaning ALLLL the way down there to put him in. Uggg.)

Going along with his new found mobility, I'm realizing I need to be MUCH better about keeping the house clean. More vacuuming, mopping, picking things up off the floor (ouch, my back is hurting just thinking about it)....and it looks like we're going to need a new area rug as well. For the life of me, I can't keep Griffin away from this nasty rug fringe.

It is, HANDS DOWN, the dirtiest place in our entire house...dust and crumbs (yes, Chad and I eat our dinner on the couch in front of the TV) just seem to collect there. YUCK! ......We've been wanting to get a new, bigger, fringe-less rug anyways, so here is our motivation.

I'm sure these things are just the tip of the ice burg and that many more changes are in store for us. Crazy and exciting time around the Herring household!


No comments:

Post a Comment