Monday, August 9, 2010

We are Fam-i-ly...I Got All my IN-LAWS with Me!

....Lucky for me, I LOVE my in-laws! In July we went down to Mobile, AL for what quickly turned into a family reunion. We wanted to get down there because Chad's grandmother hadn't gotten the chance to meet Griffin yet, so we strategically planned to go down at the same time as the Parsons family, who was driving in from Texas. Like I said, it ended up being a giant family reunion and it was so nice to see everyone and be around family! From births, to illnesses, to car accidents - a lot has happened with the Purvis bunch the last few months so it was even more special to have everyone together.


Griffin got some alone time with his aunt Nat Nat before everyone started arriving at Grandma Purvis' house. Griffin stayed there with his great grandma and his grandparents! Chad and I had the luxury of staying at a hotel and sleeping in (though I don't think we slept past 8am either morning)!

Then, the Parsons arrived!! We were all excited to see them, but Chad was especially excited. He LOVES the Parsons kids (and parents)!

Meeting each other for the first time! "Hello Annie, my name is Griffin."

Then the Patricks arrived. Wilson LOVED Griffin - enough to share his stickers with him and give him "hugs" (though it looks like he's choking him in the picture - I promise, he's not).

Since pretty much all of Shirley's family is in Mobile, Griffin got to meet allllll of his relatives on that side of the family. She's got 3 sisters and 1 brother who each have kids, and some have grandkids, of their own - it's a big family! I have absolutely no clue what any of their "titles" are....aunt/uncle in-law? 3rd cousins? 6th cousin twice removed? Who knows...all I know is that Griffin loved all of them!

I'll try to keep my mouth shut now and just let you enjoy the photos.

Annie is just toooo cute! I love this picture of her with stickers all over her, holding Griffin. He looks almost as big as her in this picture! (Not to mention, they look like they could be brother and sister!)



Grandma found some time to sit and relax while her house was taken over by crazy kids (and adults).


This picture is just so sweet. Griffin and his Gram.


Meryl had fun playing with Griffin too! I think her goal was to make him laugh as much as possible.




Chad and Annie - I don't know what it is, but Annie just seems to really love Chad! She has from an early age - it's so cute. The feeling is definitely mutual - Chad can't get enough of that little one!

Then - we had a surprise baby shower for Natalie and Jake!! Amazingly enough, we were able to pull of the surprise.



I got to steel a little cuddle time from John - the newest member of the Purvis clan. Such a sweetie.


7th cousins thrice removed (?!?!) Griffin and John - John is just about 1 month younger than Griffin.

The proud papas with their sons.....Chad and Nick are cousins, I do know that much.


Grandma with her great grandsons - how cool is that?!




Griffin was tired from all of the fun he had with his new friends! It was due time for a little relaxation with Grandpa!

Chad having fun with the Parsons clan - Harrison, Michael and Annie.



Both of my boys were tired and slept on the way home!

It was such a great trip - we really don't get to see that side of the family very often so it was nice to be able to make the most of our visit.

1 comment:

  1. The picture of Chad sleeping in the car is cracking me up. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete