Griffin's baby book wouldn't be complete with out a post about his 12 month stats and an update on what he's up to these days.
Weight = 19lbs. 10oz. (12th percentile)
Height = 29.5 in. (50th percentile)
Head Circumference = 46.5 cm. (60th percentile)
Again, his doctor's visit went great and Dr. B couldn't say enough good things about our boy. We were worried about his lack of weight gain (again), but she said his height/weight ratio was perfect and that it's okay to be a skinny minny!
Here are some of the things you're up to these days (at about 13 months):
- You are walking like crazy! As mentioned in a previous post, you started toying with the idea of taking a few steps here and there, but much preferred crawling to walking. Well, as of last week that has changed. You have decided that you like walking and you're pretty good at it! You walk with your arms straight up in the air (for balance, I guess) and a huge smile on your face (because you're proud of yourself!).
- You still have 2 lonely little bottom teeth! Haha...you've got two top teeth trying to poke through, but they are in no hurry to arrive. Because of this, you tend to swallow most of your food whole...makes Mama nervous!
- Speaking of food, you are eating pretty much anything we can cut small enough for you. You LOVE hot dogs (okay, turkey dogs), grapes and pretty much anything with cheese on it. You also eat veggie burgers, pasta and do pretty well with fruits and veggies.
- You're drinking whole milk now and really seem to like it. Well, let me clarify. You love it out of a bottle, but when I try to give it to you out of a sippy cup you make a terrible face! I don't get it, but I'm happy to give you a bottle for a while longer - it's about the only time I get to cuddle with you since you're always on the move. I'm not ready to give up that sweet cuddle time just yet!
- You're talking up a storm, though we have no idea what you're saying most of the time. We can take a guess as to what you're talking about based on what you're pointing to or doing at the moment. Most things still sound like "dada," but you definitely know who your Dada is and I even get the pleasure of hearing "Mama" every now and then.
- Riding in the car has gotten a little more enjoyable since your car seat is facing froward, however you're still not a huge fan of being strapped in that thing for long periods of time. You love seeing trucks and school busses on the road. I know this because you scream at the top of your lungs and point to them and don't stop until someone acknowledges what you see. "Yes Griffin, that is a BIG truck!" Papa Charlie said he might have to start turning his hearing aids off when you are in the car because you're so loud.
- You are a book worm! You like to pull out every book you own and flip through it. At this point, you're way more interested in turning the pages (all by yourself), than you are us actually reading the story to you.
- One of your favorite times of the day is when Dada gets home from work. The second you hear the garage door go up you smile and crawl over to the steps of the basement and wait for him to come up. You use to just sit there and wait for him, but now you've started crawling away and laughing once you hear his footsteps. You know he's coming to tickle you and the anticipation just kills you! (Dada gets the best laughs out of you with his tickles.)
- Bath time is another favorite time of day. You love to splash around but still hate it when we pour water on your head to wash the shampoo out. We'll have to get you use to being "dunked" in the pool this summer.
- We're having fun trying to decide what your personality is going to be like. When you're at home and in your comfort zone, you are a total goof ball, laughing all the time and you like to interact with us. When you're in a new setting, you tend to stay to yourself more and just explore. You're really curious and like to take everything in before you make up your mind about something. I love that about you!
I could go on and on. We are so proud of you and amazed at how much you have grown and learned in 1 short year of life! Your dad and I love you so much and we're thrilled to watch you continue to grow into a little boy. We're anxious to see what plans God has for your life and feel honored to be a part of it. As you grow up we hope you always know that you are surrounded by people who love you want the best for you.
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11