Monday, October 11, 2010

Monday Night at the Herring's

In case you aren't keeping up, we now have an 8 month old in our house. I'm not going to lie, the 7th month was probably the most challenging thus far. Lots of....whining? I'm not sure if that's the right word, but I do know that our happy-go-lucky boy was not around as often this past month. Don't get me wrong, I think we're TOTALLY lucky and most people would die to have a son with Griffin's disposition, he was just a little bit "off" this past month. I'm going to chalk it all up to teething. I've heard it's really painful for the kiddos.

Anywho...just thought I'd document a typical night in the Herring household. Also, Griffin has been LOVING his baths lately, so we wanted to get that on camera too. We've got a new strategy for bedtime (since the fussiness has increased while changing diapers and putting pajamas on - I really think he just can't stand to sit still). We are now doing bath time / diaper time / pajama time BEFORE we feed him his bottle. This way, when he falls asleep while eating (which he often does) we don't have to wake him up to do all of the above.

Here's a glimpse into bath time!



And now here is a glimpse into how much Griffin dislikes getting ready for bed...




(No, Chad isn't torturing him, he's putting lotion on him! haha)

So once he is dried off, diapered and lotioned, it's time for jammies....ugggg.....


But after that, it's usually smooth sailing. Griffin relaxes while Dada feeds him his bottle. More often than not, he is asleep as soon as he finishes.
This way, we can just go put him right in his crib. If he's not asleep, we read to him before putting him to bed. I will say, Griffin has always been GREAT at going to bed at night. He just rolls on over, snuggles with his doggie blanket, and drifts off to sleep. Nothing sweeter!





1 comment:

  1. Ah that looks so familiar.. I feel like I'm in a wrestling contest either changing Tate's diaper or putting on his clothes. UGH!

    ReplyDelete